Here are 5 great happiness tips from Steve Harvey’s interview with T.D. Jakes. The link to the short video is also included. This is wonderful stuff!
The snowball effect’s take home points from the interview:
(keep building that positive momentum)
1. Own your happiness.
Take the responsibility for your happiness away from other people and stuff. Take responsibility for it yourself! Create it. Find what brings you joy in life? It’s not about stuff. It is about what lives in your heart.
2. Enjoy the journey.
It is not about the destination. Do not continue to put off happiness. Appreciate the moment. Appreciate the day. Celebrate the small successes along the way. Notice the progress. It is about the process not just the finish line.
3. Write your own story.
We often think our story is the truth without realizing that our story is just the truth of our perspective. We wrote the script of our life. We can challenge and change the story. Challenge how you look at things. Challenge the negative things you say to yourself. People torment themselves rather than challenge their story.
4. Live a work/play balance.
You can’t be happy unless your life is balanced. Laugh at yourself. Don’t take things too seriously. Joy in life comes with balance. You won’t be happy if you joke your way through life, but you can’t be happy if you are always serious either. That is just too much pressure.
5. Enjoy your relationships.
Life is about relationships. You can’t bear fruit by yourself whether it be in business, at home, in life, in church……
Look at all of your relationships.
- Your relationship with God. Know that there is something bigger than you. There is someone else in charge. You don’t have to have it all figured out. You don’t have to have all the answers. Let go of some of that pressure.
- Your relationship with yourself. You have to value yourself for others to value you. If you don’t like you, it makes it hard for me to like you. You give off energy in your relationships. When you accept yourself your positive energy draws positive uplifting people to you. Your energy is contagious. If you have a good relationship with yourself….when someone else comes along, they enter a party you already started.
- Your relationship with your spouse.
- Your relationship with your child. “It is not what you leave your kids that matters, it is what you leave in them.”
- Your relationship with your friends. Don’t get sucked in to too much drama and negativity. Surround yourself with positive people.
Steve Harvey’s interview with T.D. Jakes: The short video clip here
Leave a Reply