Okay, now, don’t just think about treating yourself with kindness—get up and do it. Instead of mistreating yourself and engaging in activities that will only bring you down, get up and do something healthy that will get you feeling better. Take a look at the following list. Please feel free to add activities of your own.
- Go see an inspirational or funny movie.
- Call a friend.
- Find a quiet place to read a book.
- Get a massage.
- Join a club or organization.
- Volunteer in some way.
- Write a list of everything that you are thankful for. We will talk more about this in part three.
- Learn to tell others no. Establish healthy boundaries.
- Get out of bed and get dressed every day.
- Isolate yourself less.
- Go for a walk.
- Go for a bike ride.
- Eat healthy.
- Purchase something that you can afford.
- Close your eyes and imagine that you are in a peaceful place.
- Find a purpose. Be productive in some way.
- Remind yourself that no one is perfect.
- Remember we all make mistakes.
- Tell someone that you need some help.
- Help someone else.
- Read to children.
- Visit residents living in a retirement facility.
- Take three deep breaths.
- Think about how you want to handle conflict before you react. More about this in the next chapter.
- Have lunch or coffee with a friend.
- Read inspirational books.
Sometimes doing just one thing different can get your life snowballing in a new direction. We will talk more about this in upcoming chapters.
The above is an excerpt from my book, The Snowball Effect: How to Build Positive Momentum in Your Life.
What do you want to add to the list?
Great advice – and an excellent book it is too. 🙂
Thank you, Stuart!
I like writing books, so Stuartart and I would get along fine.
Love them all. But you missed one: play in the garden a/k/a/ get your hands dirty with earth. I hope you are having a fantastic summer, Kristin!
Gardening, for sure! I am having a terrific summer. I have been doing some traveling and haven’t been able to blog as much. I am back now. I hope you are having a wonderful summer, too.